NASIOC Storefront Vendor

Member#: 33174
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
i guess i dont really understand the design. adjustability is fine, but this arm looks a good bit shorter than stock. id be worried about running out of threads on a lifted setup.

also the stock arm is clearly bent for clearance around the toe arm, with the cusco straight.

just disappointed with the design i guess :/. i do like the rear LCAs though. ive been keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced set.
The base length of the arm is 377mm, with adjustment of +/- 12 mm. Below is a picture of the stock arm next to the Cusco arm in the shortest position.

Yes the stock arm is bent, but as you can see in the above image its also a stamped steel piece that gets its rigidity by being a box construction. This method of manufacturing cuts costs and increases production rate at the factory, however as you can tell also has a larger overall size as a result. The Cusco unit is able to get away with being straight due to its compact design which gains its strength from the wall thickness of the bar. Its been years from when I installed them on the shop STI, but I do recall that these Cusco units were heavier and "beefier" construction.
As you can see in the below image, there is plenty of clearance to the toe arm with the Cusco unit.

We have ran the STi at a drop height of -2.5" lower then stock with no issues, and currently have the Whiteline toe adjustable arms that are larger then the stock toe arms. With about 1" of clearance between the toe arm and the Cusco arm. And that clearance between the 2 arms will not change at ride height changes any significant amount.

Kirill
RallySportDirect.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote