Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ffr1846 View Post
You don't tell us enough for us to help.

Do you have the facilities, tools, free time, spare money to part out the car and buy a replacement? If not, you will want to sell the car whole in order to get the money as quickly as possible. If so, then sure....you will likely get more by parting out every possible part. Just realize that you really, really want to try to sell every single part and when you've finished doing that, cut up what's left and bring the steel to the scrap yard for maybe another $25 in steel. With all that said, parting a car is a TON of work and you get far less than you expect and less than what people on the interwebs will tell you. Anyone telling you the thousands you will make.....you need to ask them what they've parted out and ask to see their spreadsheets of costs and income from a partout. I've done a dozen cars and the first few, I would have sworn that I made $3k. Then I kept a spreadsheet. The shipping companies made more than I did and my total was closer to $300 than $3000 (90's Hondas/Acuras).

I find that to sell every single part in a car takes roughly 3 years.

This is the truth. Especially now as the prices on the GD STi parts is dropping pretty steadily.

If I was in your situation, and I had the knowledge/time/space to swap it, I would buy a nice little GC/GM and swap everything over. But expect to sink a few thousandths dollars into it on top of the chassis because you'll be shocked what you find busted up on your STi from the roll over (knuckles, misc suspension, etc).

If I was short on cash, like it seems you are, I would probably sell the car whole to the first kid with 5-7K in his pocket and buy a cheapy CRX or something until you get your legs under you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote