View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #2380
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 222703
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Crystal Grey

Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
This is traditional, the fog light would be on the "passing side" so coming up on car the bright fog light lets you know to "pass on the left" in a LHD country and vice versa for RHD so it is mounted on the opposite side. Many cars now have rear fog lights on both sides so I think that fine detail has been lost.

You bring up a great point, seems like Subaru just put the rear fog in there to meet the local requirements without making it a truly great functional piece.

I always wanted the rear fog, but really not too many consistently foggy places in the US, I've been through blizzards most people just turn on their flashers when it gets bad, americans don't know what to make of a rear fog anyways because it is not required equipment here.
Well in America, a single headlight is usually associated with either a burnt out headlight, or a motorcycle. Something that would panic a lot of drivers initially.

driving with your hazards on is almost as effective realistically. Some of the newer SMD LEDs are insanely bright and work very well as four-way indicators in bad weather.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
spyrule is offline   Reply With Quote