Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301689
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
Wow...so they tried to scam you in multiple ways. It makes me sad to think of how many people fall for this crap.
I know. I've fallen for such things in the past, when I was younger and didn't know enough to question people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Freak View Post
You can always phone up Subaru customer service, ask them for what Subaru as a manufacture is recommending and them file a complaint so they can correct the issue so others are not taken on it.
I thought about it. I wasn't sure if it would make a difference, but I will pursue it if it might. Stuff like this makes me really angry; when people take advantage of others. I've had nothing but an exceptional experience with Subaru, I hate the thought of someone getting ripped off by one of their dealers and thinking they represent Subaru.

Edit: So after I posted this I thought about what the guy said about earlier intervals being an oil industry guideline. I went to the oil manufacturer's website to see what they:

We recommend you follow the oil and filter change frequencies shown in your owner's manual. Generally, this means changing your oil every six months when using Mobil Super™, Mobil Super High Mileage and Mobil Super Synthetic motor oils, and every year when using Mobil 1™ or Mobil 1 Extended Performance synthetic oils.

So yeah, I'm going to contact Subaru and do all I can to make sure they know what's going on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Cyndy; 02-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote