KMA2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254771
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatchback
silver - Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe View Post
Woa, I need to look into SD card logging..

I thought I'd add my $.02. I am in my twenties... but I also wanted a refined exhaust that was not too loud. I bought one of the early batches of CBE from Nameless, when they only had magnaflow mufflers or no mufflers! I have to say, the sound is absolutely refined and I highly recommend it. The caveat is that I am running their CBE without the midpipe's resonator. I think it might get too quiet with just the axleback, but hey, they're exhaust is modular so you can buy the axleback alone first and if you want more sound get the nonresonated (or resonated) midpipe. The nonresonated mid lets through some subtle pops and burbles that I happen to really like.

Here's a video of my exhaust, just catback.
Nameless Catback 2011 WRX Hatch - YouTube

For overlays, Batmobile was mentioned, but I have the set from IAG. They've been perfect for 2 years now.

(If you turn this into a build thread I can take down these pictures, just wanted to give you a visual!)
Great info! I've been talking with Ryan at Nameless and he's been very helpful. I'm still seriously considering the NP TBE w/ the Magnaflow muffler. The other one I'm looking at is the Maddad Whisper CBE and downpipe. People say he's hard to get a hold of, but Rich answered my questions within a day or two and was extremely thorough... really terrific feedback. He mentioned the shorty dp option which keeps your stock midpipe and saves money, but I think I want to go stainless front to back to help deal with the upstate NY winters. Tough decision... BTW, how's the Magnaflow packing hold up after some use? Have you had it long? Does it get much louder or blow out? Thanks!

Thanks for the taillight pics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trea17 View Post
My ap came in yesterday, cool thing is if you get a tune withing 6 months of buying the ap you get $200 off at cobb. The idea is to accumulate the stage 3 stuf over the next couple of months and maybe a little extra then go get the protune and still have the AP to do all my own logging and what not.
Great info on the $200 savings... Did not know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierysun View Post
Little to no gain by going catless on a stage 2. Other than make the back of your car black, exhaust funk in the cabin, and F-up the enviorment more.

I agree with the opensource tune if you already own a laptop.
Yeah catted is a no-brainer for me. Opensource has been working great. Did a few sdcard standalone logs and brought them up fine in Virtual Dyno. Fun stuff. TBH, opensource is a little confusing at first but you'll get it eventually after some interweb searches and playing around.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KMA2 is offline   Reply With Quote