Vendor Sales Rating: (32)

Member#: 295846
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
WRX FP HTA GT3076R
Sexual Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekilljoydammit View Post
Oh wow. I know enough about my financial situation to know that I certainly won't be a 'launch customer' or anything, and as I'm looking at something for street use (albeit around V6 STI non-RA ratios including FD) I may not be the intended market either, but definitely watching this now that I've found it. Nothing against PPG or Albins, but I'd wager their consumer grade kits aren't anywhere near as finished as something coming out of Emco.
And to touch on this a bit, reiterating what I said before, the gears they'll be producing for us will be the same material, quality, finishing processes that are used in ALL of their motorsport gears. The great thing about all of this, is the price point. Right inline, with all the other quality aftermarket sets available now but as a complete package minus the diffs (working on that, but not a major concern right now as great options are already available)

Hey don't get me wrong, I think the PPG units and the Albins stuff is fantastic and is the best stuff out right now. But.....

After talking with them John & Rich (Owners) and their mechanical engineer Anthony extensively about the Subaru 5MT and how weak it is. They gave me the opportunity to pitch them, and I earned the opportunity to get them to make a product that quite honestly, is going to be the best gear set available for the Subaru 5MT and any other Subaru gear box going forward.

I have a great relationship with the guys at EMCO, I've been invited by them the last two years as a guest for the EMCO gears Classic at Mid-Ohio to hang out in their suite and mingle with some of the biggest names / team owners in road racing motorsport.

I'm all for quality and providing the best for my customers, so are many of the vendors on this site!

There are products that are sold on this site by vendors that I wouldn't use on my car or sell to any of my customers.

But that's just how I roll.

I don't make a ton of money, but I love and enjoy what I do. That's all that matters

-Phil
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Flat 4 Motorsport; 02-10-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Flat 4 Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote