View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 108790
Chapter/Region: SCIC
2002 WRX 2.2 Wagon

Sorry. Im not sure what you mean by relacing defs in Windows and not RR. Ive downloaded the defs about a dozen times! They show up in my computer. Then, I open RR per instructions, go to manager, and bring that file over. Looks like its good. I dont understand the deleting subaru folder, even though Ive read it before. I see different subaru cars and ecu ids depending on the screen, but not sure they pull over when I bring the file into RR. Hahahah! You guys from the 60s have more patience than us! Any chance you can give me a step by step as to how you did it? I know it tells how on RR website, but I am clearly not understanding the process. Yes, also, I have EcuFlash with all drivers and Tactrix, can read and flash, can log in RR (just dont have access to dyno and other tools), and also have good luck with Learning View. Often, the programs hang up while running (luckily, HASNT happened during a flash!) or will not communicate with car, telling me to check for unplugged cable, even though I was JUST communicating in one of the other programs. Been making sure I back all the way out of each program and only run one car program at a time. Still, issues which drive me batty. Just built my first motor with this 2.1 stroker, so batty comes easy these days! Last thing I want to do, besides spinning a bearing, is brick this ECU being an impatient smarty pants. You know? Thanks again, in advance!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gianttcr is offline   Reply With Quote