Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #131
AK907TRE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 230886
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
02 wrx,in a coma
loaned a 2001 rs coupe

I am done with the retofit using this writeup as a guide. 5000k bulbs, morimoto minis, 35w ballasts. I sprayed everything black and put the clear cover and amber cover back on for the markers and blinkers. No pics my bad. But it looks clean as ever on a silver car. One detailed step that id recommend for this writeup is the part where you test fit the projectors and bulbs. It took a little thinking because there were some grey areas there. I cant stress enough that you should fit not only the projector but also plan how it fits with the bulbs and dust covers, ballast connection, etc.. rotational adjustment and protection from weather are the two things I worried about when test-fitting those beautifully crafted morimoto hid bulbs and ballasts. When screwing the bulb in it secures in place by notches in the projector, however don't forget to put those rubber gaskets in before the end cap to make it all snug and as tight as your redheaded step sister. Great writeup and the result was better than i could ever imagine! -jt
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AK907TRE is offline   Reply With Quote