Former Vendor

Member#: 316221
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Wagon Ltd.
UGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
Once I'm aired out, I want it to tuck real nice. Close to fender on wheel lip. It doesn't have to be sitting on the lip, but pretty damn close.
This part in particular means you will have to have a little bit of poke while driving around. As you air out, your front wheels are going to move inward (towards the tranny) a bit as the distance between the tranny and rotor decreases (i.e., axle becomes shorter).

I suggest picking up a pile of 3mm and 5mm spacers from your local auto parts store and having a field day in your garage testing fitment. The spacers are pretty cheap and really it is the best way to guarantee fitment with your vehicle and wheel choice. This is always what I do and it works every time

Quote:
As far as pulling fenders, how much of a pull will help me achieve my stance of only -2 camber when driving and tucked when aired out?
I can't say exactly how much pull you'll need (if any), but whenever I need just slight pull to fit a wheel on a vehicle equipped with air suspension, I'll take some cardboard and form it over the top of the tire/wheel face where the fender will make contact. With this cardboard in place, I slowly air the car out onto the cardboard which gently massages the fender.

Quote:
Fender liners (cut, eliminate, shave, etc)?
I would say cut out the very top, where the top of the tire will make contact. There is a slight gap between the fender liner and the wheel well, and resting the weight of the vehicle on this point will stress the clips which hold the fender liner to the fender/bumper.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bag Riders Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote