Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #132
AK907TRE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 230886
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
02 wrx,in a coma
loaned a 2001 rs coupe

good morning from ak.. i checked my housings this morning and it looks like the cold got in i didnt use any extra sealant last night. ill have to take them apart and put extra sealant on; yet i dont want it all over the place.. messy stuff i noticed when taking the headlight apart if you get those strings of sealant, blast them with a heat gun!! they go bye bye real fast.

Anyone got any ideas on Ballast mounting options for the bugeye?

i got two ballasts and one silver box on the harness...
theres barely any length on the harness in a few spots and i saw on trs.com that theres an option for 'longer ballast cords' or something. id get those guys, you'll have more wire to play with. The ballast on my drivers side headlight has barely any room to move if the ground is connected to the battery! I ended up grounding it where i believe the stock underseat woofer is grounded... maybe?
So I will have to fab something up for now, but if anyone has pictures or ideas on where they mounted the ballasts please help.

Other than an unexpected night of fixes and some mounting, I am all done for now! The light output is amazing! the cutoff line looks sharp and colorful! the Highs will blind you instantly!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AK907TRE is offline   Reply With Quote