View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #53
Vaughn Performance
Former Vendor
Member#: 170489
Chapter/Region: SCIC

It's definitely a shame that Subaru is pulling the plug on it's road racing program. That being said, I think some folks here are taking this a little too personally. For a auto manufacturer, racing is a business proposition. And if that proposition is not getting them the exposure they want, or they aren't seeing the results they like, that's it, the plug gets pulled, especially with how things are in this economy.

As far as the "I'll be looking somewhere else for my next performance car purchase goes" well, that's pretty unfair. Rewind back about a decade to 2002. Things we're honestly looking pretty bleak in terms of the U.S. sport compact car market. Subaru took a huge risk and decided to bring the WRX to U.S. shores in a time where most auto makers had decided "Americans don't care about performance compact cars". Subsequently, Mitsubishi brought over the Evo, Subaru brought over the STi, the rest is history really. It showed auto makers that there was still a place for a performance car here in the states that didn't have a V8 under the hood, and did something besides go fast in a straight line. So for those ready to jump ship and go "elsewhere" there very well may not have been a "elsewhere" to go would Subaru not have done what they did a decade ago.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote