ChesterWRX
*** Banned ***

Member#: 328794
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
Ice Silver Metal

good deal tsigeof.

i just got the ATEQ-Quickset set up today with my snows / steelies (winter). i have two options at this point because I had the Subaru dealer program my snows.

1. check with the tire places to activate my OEM wheels / summer tires once the light comes on in the spring...
2. get them from Subaru. you would think they would include those codes with your Invoice or Manual, kinda like the roadside assistance cards with the VIN.

the set up was pretty easy on Windows 7, 64 bit - just make sure you download the drivers from the website.

i'm NOT sure if this step is actually needed, but if you have a Cobb AP or Tune, you may want to uninstall it before you try to pull your existing codes from the ECU. i asked cobb right here on NASIOC about it and they suggested to do it. so i did.

1. uninstall Cobb AP.
2. pull codes using ATEQ Quickset
3. reinstall Cobb AP
4. connect ATEQ Quickset to your computer and save the codes into the software. PRINT the sheet. *highly suggested just incase you loose the data or the software for whatever reason.

done. i'm very excited i won't have to go back to the dealer or anywhere else for TPMS for as long as I own this car.

Also, it works with other cars and you can have up to 4 vehicles sensor info with one device... (print all codes).

hope this helps. it's well worth the $150 to me. no more hassle and no more stupid light.

PS: i set up my 2012 WRX as a 2011 Impreza. there aren't any options passed 2011 IIRC.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ChesterWRX; 02-13-2013 at 07:12 PM.
ChesterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote