NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 316221
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Wagon Ltd.
UGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWEST View Post
I noticed that most of the blob eyes and hawk eyes aren't able to make lip to fender contact up front, or tuck their front wheels. What determines how low they go up front?
There are a few major blockades that hold up the front of the 02-07 (GD/GG) chassis. I'll shine some light on how to get lower, but first a disclaimer! For legal reasons, I (nor Bag Riders LLC) do NOT recommend any chassis modifications, so do so at your own risk!

The first point of interest is a big square chunk of metal that juts down into the wheel well. You can cut this out and reweld the wheel well, or hammer it out. Here is a picture:

Next up, your axle is going to hit your subframe and prevent you from going lower. The solution to this is a "C" Notch in your subframe. Here is a picture of my notch.

The last stopping point is going to be your control arms hitting your subframe. This is incredibly obvious with the wheel off by jacking up the hub. I used a cutoff wheel to make a small (1/2") notch for the control arm. I'll get a picture of this ASAP.

Hope that helps!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bag Riders Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote