Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
JordonD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 247546
Vehicle:
1997 v4 Sti wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarHarms View Post
Ehh that wire break is so close to the housing pass-through. It's not going to be easy to repair that but I'd still attempt it since a new DCCD is spendy and even a used/good condition one isn't pocket money.
I'd remove the DCCD unit, clean the area really well, and try the wire repair on a workbench.
The harness looks like it is pulled tighter than usual. So you're probably not going to get away with a strait re-splice. A slight wire length increase would be a good idea as long as you don't get carried away. Repair the other wire as well.....it looks to be next in line for a spontaneous open failure.
Is the housing internals accessible? I haven't been able to find a exploded view of the differentail housing that the wires go to, I don't think there is actually enough room without taking apart the housing to acces the wire.so I would need to take it apart.

Just want to know if this is doable, cant really check myself as it is a good 12 hour drive away and im looking at getting it shipped to me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JordonD is offline   Reply With Quote