K2e2vin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308481
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT

Just thought I'd update for those curious:

Got it running 100%!

The fitment on mine is a little bad since I used mix/matched parts from my LGT and an STi manifold; but the if you get the a complete USDM STi "top end"(waterpipes, etc.) then it should work/fit just fine. The intercooler fitment should be addressed though because the DBW TB is different(refer to "STi intercooler" swap threads, basically need different elbows for the Y-pipe and TB). I should note that I also had to reuse the "accessories" from the LGT(mainly P/S and A/C; alternator looked like it was interchangeable).

On mine, there was nowhere to hook up the EGT sensor so it was disabled. Also, to avoid milling the driver's side head I went with an aftermarket hall sensor that was a smaller diameter, fabbed up a mount, and installed it so it was offset in the cam sensor bore(this pushes the sensor back a couple millimeters, which allows it to read the trigger edge). The stock LGT cam sensor was used on the passenger side but the mount hole was slotted. No CELs and works just fine. Also the stock LGT intake cams were swapped over.(Do this before dropping the motor in!!! I paid a lot because the shop that swapped the motor over didn't do it)

It should also be noted, with no cam sensors installed, it takes a while to start up(almost 5s).

When tuning, one thing I overlooked was I reused the O2 sensor that came with the engine swap, and OL/CL transition. Without adjusting for these, my car felt like the power was oscillating on/off during CL. Turns out, the scaling of the O2 sensor on the EJ207 engine is way different, and OL transistion is much sooner on the EJ207.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by K2e2vin; 02-17-2013 at 09:38 AM.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote