KC
Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
from using toxic
chrome spraypaint

SOA Blog...

Why is the base 2014 Forester the same price as the base (Premium) Crosstrek XV? Or more specifically, why is the Premium Crosstrek that expensive, both in 6MT?

Interior Volume: Forester
Size: Forester
Gas Mileage: XV (2mpg)
Horsepower: Forester
Torque: Forester

I don't consider the addition of the All Weather Package and aluminum wheels that much of a benefit to the XV, especially being down on power THAT MUCH, because all I'm doing is looking for decent all-weather commuting transportation.

What is Subaru going to do to prevent the Forester from cannibalizing XV sales? I know you can't speak to future models, but considering all the above... the XV is destined to be a slow seller once the 14 Forester hits... what is Subaru going to do to get me in an XV now? I think the XV should be $500-$1000 lower in price to be competitive to the new Forester.

I was ready to buy an XV within the next month... but now, I'm going to wait for a few more to see what's going to happen to pricing and how long the XVs sit on the lots up here in New England and get one at a deep discount when the 14 Foresters outsell them.

--kC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote