View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
jaxx4k
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isshinryu28 View Post
Def the Bridgestone tires always good choice low noise good tread wear too
S04 tread wear is not better then his other 2 options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Dunphy View Post
I apologize as I see a lot of similar posts asking for help w/ tire decisions but after searching none were close enough to my situation...

I am in the market for a good all-around Summer tire for my 11 STI. Dry/wet Grip and non-excessive noise is the two most important criteria for me. Treadwear is not as important but still a consideration. I was about to get Pilot Super Sports but quanities are limited and I was told they could not be purchased through my wholesale connection.

I found three back-up options, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04, BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2, and Continental ExtremeContact DW. Some people have told me anything will be better than the stock Dunlop SP Sport 600's which I tend to believe as they're awful, but needed more opinions if possible.
I'm only stg1 7 mostly stock, don't track, don't auto X, I've been searching for tires, which came down to this.

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2 or conti DWS.

they both are great for me to do HWY driving and some back roads.

I don't see the NEED for having S04 w/-350whp and non tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Dunphy View Post
I've heard of many going from 245/40 to 255/40. The difference here is .1 inches on sidewall height. ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzyss View Post
Nominally (real size is separate matter) 40% of 10mm = 4 mm.
1 inch -> 25.4mm.

~1.6"

;-)

Krzys

total diff is 4mm between the 2 tire, 245 or 255.

I'm went with 255/40/18 & BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2, as my new set up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jaxx4k is offline   Reply With Quote