View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #57
sential
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105288

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
This car was engineered around the boxer motor. At what point do you think that a V-6 is going to fit in that thing when they are saying a turbo won't?
For a second you almost made me feel like I was crazy for thinking a v6 would fit... So I did a little google research and what do you know... Tom's racing used the exact engine I was referring to...

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/...-ar143726.html

Quote:
But the main event of this program is undoubtedly under that hood, or to be exact, what was taken and out and what was put in. See, the GT 86’s stock 2.0-liter engine has been replaced with a 3.5-liter 2GR-FSE V-6 engine that you’ll typically find in a Lexus GS 350.

With that powertrain in tow, the N086V produces up to 395 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque. Do the math and that’s almost twice as many ponies lurking inside the sports car, waiting to be unleashed at the slam of a pedal.

To accommodate the dramatic increase in output, TOMS’ installed a reinforced clutch, high-performance brakes, and a new coil-over Advox suspension just to make sure the handling of the car can be kept in check.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sential; 02-17-2013 at 10:39 PM.
sential is offline   Reply With Quote