NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 1800
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
WRX /Cooper S/Miata
awd/fwd/rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Innovation View Post
The bolt tends to seize into the bushing sleeves, you can sometimes get the front one loose and then remove the rear lateral link with the bolt. What I do that usually works well is to loosen the nut and then thread it on the bolt so the bolt comes just to the end (not tight). Air hammer the bolt toward the rear of the car until the front bushing sleeve is free of the bolt. Now put the nut back on and tighten the bolt back down. Using a long (3' or more) bar, overtighten the head of the bolt so that it snaps off. It's surprisingly easy to do considering it's M14. With the head off, you can hammer the bolt forward to free it from the rear bushing sleeve. If you can't get it free from the rear link, just remove the link and either replace it or press the remainder of the bolt out of the sleeve.
What a mess Subaru left us to deal with. I replaced one years ago without an air hammer, I think I blocked most of it out as all I remember is lots of PB Blast, massive cheater bar and banging with a mallet.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Snowphun is offline   Reply With Quote