Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
Beau M
*** Banned ***

Member#: 345079
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
13 Wrx sedan
SWP

I'm so torn, I need to hear one of these things in person. I've always had bumping stereos in my cars, at least a couple 8's with hundreds of watts. But the appeal of an under seat sub is strong with this car, I would love to keep all of my trunk space and fold down seats (sedan). The thing is, I have an awesome (huge) amp sitting in my garage, an old school memphis belle 50x4 and 1000x1 RMS. I love this amp, and have had it in a few installs. I also have a pair of Infinity 8's, but probably won't use those. I see my choices as:

1. Fiberglass a 12" into one side of the trunk and build an amp rack on th other side. This will give me all the bass I could want and I would get to use my amp. Having to bulid the box and amp would take time and $$$, but I've done it before. Trunk size impact would be minimal, I would still have access tot he spare and fold down seats.

2. Toss a couple of these under seat subs in, one under each seat. Easy peasy, no boxes to build or anything. It would be way cheaper than the other option, about 300 for both subs. I just don't know if they will have the oomph I want.

I moslty listen to podcasts during my commute, but when I crank it I listen to rap or modern alternative. I'm not expecting earth shattering bass.

Guess I will have to find someone with one to demo.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Beau M is offline   Reply With Quote