Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #1413
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

After getting my EZ30D all torn down a couple weeks ago, I met up with Homemade WRX / 3MI Racing to have him take a look at everything. While I've done a couple of complete engine swaps, and I've swapped heads before, I've never torn a block down completely like this, so I wanted to get some expert eyes on the parts to make sure everything was in good shape. He concurred that the crank looks fine, all the bearings (other than the thrust bearing I posted the pic of earlier) look fine. Pistons have some pretty significant wear on the skirts (again, see previous pics), and the cylinder walls have some glazing and some light vertical scratching. Basically, normal wear and tear, and nothing that would prevent doing a "normal" rebuild.

So, with that in mind, I just ordered a bunch of parts from Annapolis Subaru - 0.50mm over pistons, rings, rod and main bearings, and gasket & seal kit. Should have everything next week. Once I have the parts on hand I'll be delivering the block and rotating assembly to a machine shop to have them do the balancing and bore the cylinders. I'll also give them the heads just to clean them up ("clean them up" as in literally clean them, not "clean them up" as in porting).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is online now   Reply With Quote