Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287075
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX wag
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneWrx02 View Post
Please for the love of god dont mail wheels with air in them, i work at ups and if you are putting our lives at risk.

First elevation change, heat and cold effect. Second i prefer when people ship their tires in no box, easier to grab much easier, also if ypu are sending it as standerd price wont jump up, if you send it as express as in 1 day shipping or even 2 day shipping prices will go way up because the have to go thru x ray scanner and a security check.

Also if you want cheaper prices have the package mailed to a business, price will drop.

Btw if you lie about the weight, and size, we will find out, once a package arrices to a main center they all go thru scanners and get weighed and you will get charged.

ALWAYS TELL UPS WHAT IS IN THE BOX.
As the OP I truly agree with you on those parts. I worked in the UPS sorting aisle in Ontario, CA for 2 years and you're right about air in the wheels. But this is pretty much for ground only. The pressure in an airplane could indeed explode a tire.

ALSO, I would agree on not putting them in a box. A shipping sticker can easly be put on each tire. (which should be deflated)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Missionsix44 is offline   Reply With Quote