Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #27
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320039
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

I didn't purchase my car from Secor but I have had three services done there with mixed feelings. The first was my first service @ 3,750 miles. I made an appt and told them I would wait on the car. I also informed them that my passenger front window was very slow, this seems to be a recurring issue in the new WRX. I arrived just before my appointment time and waited about 10-15 min to get seen. Finally they pulled my car into the bay and started the service. 2 HOURS later I walked into the front office to see if my car was done and the front service man said he would check. He told me they still had to check the window. I then saw someone run to the car, roll the window up and down a few times then run back inside. At this point I was very mad and decided after they fixed my window I would not be returning. I paid for the my oil change and left. Not 10 minutes later the service manager called and informed me that I had a service plan for my car, I had no idea, and he would be cancelling the transaction and would call when the window regulator came in. Hail mary at the last second for Secor. Overall 5/10

Next was the window check up. Having mixed feelings still due to the bitterness from the oil change I told them again I would wait. After 45 minutes to an hour I got told my car was done. I was rather happy with the time and headed up to the front desk and thought maybe the oil change was isolated incident. Wrong. My receipt and paperwork had gotten switched and they gave it to another customer. So now someone has my name, VIN, phone number, address, make, model, blah blah blah. Not a concern for identity theft but from a business stand point, piss poor performance. Rather than wait around for them to reprint everything I took my keys and left. Overall performance 4/10

One last try, 7,500 mile service. I called in the middle of the week and scheduled my service for the following Monday around 1-2. I arrived at about 10:30 to drop it off due to being on my lunch break. I went back to work and before my original appointment time my car was finished and they said I could come pick it up before they closed. Overall performance 9/10 The guy at the front was kind of a dick but nothing to serious.

All in all if I was staying in this area for an amount of time to have my car serviced I would just drop it off so they could take their time and not have to deal with the service staff as half of them seem to have no clue what is going on.My buddy went in for service with his 2013 WRX and they said he had removed and O2 sensor from the car because his TBE had a plug for a second O2 sensor .
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CookKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote