cianuro
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235475
Chapter/Region: PRSIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Silver

ok... couple more questions...

I just noticed in your first post pic that you don't have the car lighter thingy... I didn't care to check if it was removable, but seeing how it blocks the pod there, I was just thinking of removing it. Is it a removable piece, or did you have to cut?

About the oil press gauge... What's your reading at idle after you have driven for a while? Mine is reading 8-9 psi, so I had to set the warning to a lower point because the warning beep was always on at stop lights or when parked. A friend told me an oil change should bring the pressure up a bit, and after I did it, it's still the same. He also told me that his car (Mazdaspeed3) had this same issue at first, and the pressure got better when he stopped using the oem oil filter and went with a K&N one. He made choice just for the pressure, not for racing purposes or anything.

I used the sender under the alternator, same as in your install thread, so I just want to know if this is normal. I read people saying their WRX stock oil press sits steady at 15-30 psi at idle. I live in Puerto Rico, and the lowest morning temps I get are 65 F at the most, so I'm guessing this has something to do with this. Any ideas?

And another thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland04 View Post
The Prosport oil pressure gauge only comes with the small sending unit. The Galley plug I got from FastWRX.com. The prosport's use an American thread so it's different the the Metric threads of the OEM galley plug that the stock sender screws into. The Defi advanced gauges will screw into the OEM plug though.
I got my galley plug from Prosport, and it fits where the oem galley plug screws into. They tell you in the description to use it where you used the temp sender. From what I read, it's the oem sender threads (IIR something something) that are different from the Prosport's sender (NPT), which is why they sell the galley plug separately. Just adding in case anyone has doubts or gets confused...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cianuro is offline   Reply With Quote