Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #23
PhotoREX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 180193
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 Impreza WRX
OBP

Yeah everything is going very well. However, when I picked up the car and it was started in front of me. We sat there chatting for a minute and then it started making a knocking sound. My other wrx (with 259k original miles on it) never made this sound so of course I got concerned. I
Asked what it was and the dealer and the person whom the car (previous owner) came from were both standing there and looked directly at me and said "it goes away once it's warmed up". I said ok, could be lifters or timing tensioners, we'll see. So anyway I get in it the next morning to bring it home and then it continues to do it on the cold start. Get about 100 miles down the road and stop to grab some eats and it's STILL doing it. Well, it's certainly been plenty warmed up and the knocking is still there.

I took it to brokenboxer.com owner Matt yesterday and he instantly knew what it was. Rod bearing(s) is/are starting to go. Says it needs a full rebuild and nows the time to do it!

He's sposed to gives me an invoice and I contacted Matt, the dealer and told him of it.

Any opinions would be appreciated. It WILL be paid for for the rebuild. If I want to go forged, how much extra would I be looking at an what brands do you guys like.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PhotoREX is offline   Reply With Quote