Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 66206
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
FP HTA Green Turbo

Thumbs up Invidia Equal Length Race Exhaust Manifold

I was inspired by xluben's thread and decided to buy the Invidia Equal Length Race Exhaust Manifold.

When it first arrived, it was shocked at how light it was. The welds were good quality and everything looked as it should be from the piece.

I didn't take a "before" pic so you'll have to trust me that it looked just like this:

I promptly sent it away to Swaintech for their "white lightning" exhaust coating.

Here's how it looked when it came back:

The coating was applied evenly, and very thick. It has a rough surface texture almost like sandpaper or skateboard tape.

I was worried about the potential negative impact on the sound of the car but I was willing to risk it to see what sort of power gains were available.

Here's a dyno sheet before adding the header, running 93 octane and 21.2 psi:
click image for huge

Here the car is dynoed again after adding the headers, under substantially the same conditions temp and humidity wise, also pump 93 octane, 21.6 psi:
click image for huge

As you can see, just adding this part and retuning, at essentially the same boost level (within .4 psi) added ~30whp and ~50wtq.

My car is running a ton of aftermarket parts and an FP Green HTA turbo, so these results may not be typical if you have a more stock appearing setup. Anyway, the thing was fast before and its faster now

I know what you're thinking... But be0tch, what about the sound?

Well, check it out and let me know if you think the sound really suffered:
youtube links

I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have, and if you want the link to my parts/dyno thread, here it is - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2421905
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
be0tch is offline   Reply With Quote