Scooby Newbie

Member#: 319696
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru WRX STI
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasny27 View Post
I've been looking over WRXs for the last few months, and I'm ultimately discouraged from ever buying one.
1. The used car is market is horrendously over-priced for even a base model.
high demand car means its resale value stays higher. There are other cars that retain their values like that, for instance a nissan Z... or better yet, a well kept fully stock oldschool honda del sol.

Quote:
2. Base MSRP for a WRX 26500 (Give or Take), Dealerships are listing prices some 2-4k more, matching Premium and Limited Base MSRP.
shop around. i ordered my STI for 1200 under invoice... meaning i paid 34K for a car listed at MSRP as 39K.

Quote:
3. These car do not depreciate, they actually appreciate ( Which is great if you bought one already not so great for someone who wants one.)
actually, it's great for those who buy used, because it means you'll loose very little if you have to resell it.

I bought a brand new motorcycle for 9K and once it leaves the show room floor, it depreciated in value right away. Sold it several years later for 4-5K. My buddy bought a USED motorcycle for 3K. 2 years later, he sold it for... 3K!

Quote:
I'm a single 25 year old, who desperately wants an 2011-2012 White Hatch, but for the prices they are asking...I couldn't possibly justify a 450-500 Car payment...
get a better job? i dunno, the financial stuff is all on you but tahnks for sharing.

Quote:
And I don't like the body style of the current Impreza...especially rumors that the power plant will be a 2.0 in the next gen WRX and STi.

I don't know if I'll be ever shifting gears in a white Subaru WRX, in the roads of Upstate NY.
well if you dont like teh body style of the impreza, why... are you thinking of a wrx then? i dont get this statement because earlier you basically said "I MUST HAVE ONE" only later to say "BUT I HATE HOW IT LOOKS." ????
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
crick0234 is offline   Reply With Quote