Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285610
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysubie View Post
So someone was nice enough to help me with this swap after work sunday night.

The good news is my tires are good. The bad news is I have no idea where the noise is coming from. When we switched tires it sounded the same.
So it's been a few weeks and I've had some time to think about this "10 minute" help.
Let's start from the beginning. et
I actually drove down to where Nate worked and was there at the agreed time and due to what he does for a living I stood out there in the parking lot for 35 minutes when he comes out and meets me and says he's sorry for the wait and then tells me he has more work to do so I start swapping wheels from my car to his and he's inside the entire time. I get them swapped and took My car with his wheels around the block and other than the obvious steering differences due to wider tires the car drives just fine. So i get back and wait for Nate to come back out and we take his car for a ride. The noise from the get go sounds like exhaust drone to me but he rebuts my opinion and keeps stating it must be drive line but he has had all sorts of parts replaced?
I don't own an Sti, I have never ridden in a modified Sti so I really have no similar rides to compare. So we get back from ride and agree there is something that is making a specific low whirring noise whether on the gas or not and honestly it is not loud at all. I wish he would have let me drive it so I could maybe feel something in the steering wheel or throttle but I digress. So the agreement was for a beer, lunch or whatever. I have yet to hear from Nate on a gift for me spending 3hrs working on this because of all the waiting for his job.
It's my own fault really and it won't deter me from helping somebody else in the future but I will have to think about "what if this is another Nate?' when I do...
Oh and he ruined one on my hydraulic jacks. That was the icing on the cake. Unscrewed the pin out too far and it stripped going back in.

I'm sure he hasn't sorted it out...

So much for being labeled 'Someone'...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DeanSweet is offline   Reply With Quote