Scooby Newbie

Member#: 249130
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Ver5 STi RA
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfelstead View Post
I've owned two V5 STi Type RA 555 WRC Limited and have rebuilt the engines.

V5/V6 is the first Phase 2 EJ207, it uses a single coil pack. It's designed to run to 8000rpm without issue. It uses under bucket shims on the camshaft.

V5/V6 STi engine is the same internally. It uses Forged pistons.

Rods are the limiting factor on safe power, the V8 rods are stronger.

Crank has the same thrust location as the later engines on the V5/V6, it is not nitrided or crossdrilled.

Block is an open deck design.

The STi V5/V6 engine is the same spec as used in the P1.
Hey thanks john! I appreciate it. Also, I've heard from others that the Ver6 RA has Big Ports..True? I haven't ripped anything apart yet.
You said that it uses an under bucket shim, by any chance do you know what the rod bearing journal size is? 48mm or 52mm. I'm looking to buy some ACLs , and.I'm not sure which ones to get. I'm also getting pistons, rods, and if I have enough, cams. I don't want to do the Wisco, eagle combo everyone seems to do. I was thinking more of a all Brian Crower Piston, Rod,Cam set, or HKS Forged Piston set, BC rods, and Jun cams. The Jun Cams are kinda spendy tho. I Haven't decided, but when I went to order the bearings, I couldn't find if they were 48 or 52. Any Ingo would be great.

You said that you owned a ra wrc limited!?! How did you like it? Compared to w/e else ur Rollin now?!?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WelDun1 is offline   Reply With Quote