View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #53
wingnutks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349034

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mFineW/Slow View Post
Are you 16 or something? I guess I don't understand why they would do that unless you were young.
Go to a local meet and maybe someone will have a 11+ wrx for you to get a ride in. No guarantees it will be stock though.
LOL, nope 31, brought my wife with me. One of the first things the salesman asked is "what are you looking to accomplish today?" I said, "look at a WRX, like I asked". Maybe if I would have said "umm, give you MSRP for whatever WRX you have on the lot, I dont care, you can even pick the color", maybe then I could have gotten a test drive??? I dont think he like the fact that I told him I test drove a Mustang and a Challenger already, and that I am not a Subaru fanatic. I told him that me and the wife are looking to start a family this year so I still want something fun with a stick, but a hatch with AWD is a bit more practical than a challenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girion47 View Post
I've met dealers that do that, it's ****ing retarded. Their argument is that "buyers of these fine vehicles want to be sure that they were the only one to ever drive it, even the dealership staff aren't allowed to drive it"

To which I call bull excrement.

Find a better dealer. They're out there.
Yup. Here is the best part. I even asked if he had a used 2011 or 2012 I could drive instead, IDC, just needed to test drive before I started haggling. He said sure! let me see what I can do. Comes back in 5 mins, copies my license...etc 10 mins later, all I have is an STI. LOL, I said nevermind, thanks anyway and left.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote