Old 03-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #43
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru

Member#: 873
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 F150 King Ranch
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Never said it was. But different is not always good either.

And you are 100% right, we all have different preferences. You are not WRONG for liking what you like. But neither am I. I do not expect you to change your mind based on my beliefs. IF you want to go all EV, then so be it.

And just FYI, yes, a nice carburetor sounds AMAZING! (3 webers sounds intoxicatingly good!). But I accept Fuel injection as a necessary evil.

I absoutely HATE drive by wire. Always have. It feels artificial and lazy.

I have already said I think Antilock brakes are a good thing. Just as good as seat belts!

Stability control is great if you can turn it off, or if it is so unobtrusive you never notice it.

The sound is just one part. I am hung up on the things you cannot easily measure. The things that actually matter. The sound and feel of an internal combustion engine is not something that shows up on the review page of motor trend. THe way an internal combustion engine sounds, the way the power builds as revs climb, the way it feels when its running. It is a feast for the senses. It forms an involving and encompassing experience that mashing a go pedal in a single geared EV can never produce.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote