View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #41
quentinberg007
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7887

Dude, you are the guy that operates only in absolutes. It is impossible for the PDK to be more fun because you'd driven both on pedestrian vehicles in the past, and the stick was more fun, and that is law. Putting ones self in the target market of this car (lots of money, Porsche track rat that can be used as a daily driver), I can see the PDK being the better choice. Buy a BRZ or Miata for 1/5th the money if you want to spend your track time perfecting your heel toe downshift. Why buy what is effectively a very fast, streetable track car and then make it slower because you want to feel more engaged? When I buy my FR-S, it will be a 6MT because the most track time it will see is auto-x. I can't afford to trash my $25k toy car at the track. If you can pay the $100k+ entry fee for a GT3, a streetable track car, you aren't out there for the connection to the machine. You are out there to go as fast as possible. If this were a more normal 911, MT all the way. When you are one step removed from a GT3 RS, I think that the PDK starts to make a lot more sense.

My personal opinion is that 90% of the "MT only" crowd would simply be overwhelmed with a car with this capability and a stick shift. My limited experience with a 911 on the track just showed how out of my element I was in a car that capable driven that hard.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
quentinberg007 is online now   Reply With Quote