View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 207133
Chapter/Region: TXIC
2002 WRX

Default boost fluctuating

Mods: currently stock have not installed any stage2 parts until i figure out this issue.
Recently: had Subaru do the gas leak fix because this winter I was getting the raw fuel smell. They said they had to replace some vacuum lines that were worn and they could not re-use.

Issue I am having is in 2nd, 3rd, 4th when I drive in boost I am getting fluctuating at about .075 - 0.1 mpa. The car pulls nicely until it hits this point. The boost kind of flutters back and forth as if the power is stalling for a second then stabilizes. At first when I felt it I thought I was having a boost spiking but upon reproducing it while watching the gauge it is not going much if any over .1 mpa. But the back and forth shudder is concerning me.

At first I thought maybe they did not replace the restrictor pill, but I checked it is in there. Could they possibly have tightened the WG arm? I don't see why that would be involved with fixing the leak on the fuel rail. Or maybe the BCS is on its way out? I have not adjusted the tune from stock. When I looked through the rom it appears that everything as far as boost targets and WGDC are stock.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheHighestCrew is offline   Reply With Quote