Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #628
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_02 View Post
I've wanted a DR but the was concerned with the 400 speed, and the 650 is just to much and far in between used to find a great deal.
The 400 is faster than the 650 anyway. Its a like 35hp bike and the 650 is like 30.

The 400 does about 95-100 with the throttle pegged all the way, a bit over if you mod it. Apparently with my planned mods I could probably get around 105-110. But honestly, that kind of speed on a dirt bike would be pretty sketchy. But yeah, its plenty fast acceleration wise up to around 80 with a couple mods. A carb/pipe and 3x3 airbox mod gets you right at 40whp, and its only a like 310lb bike once you get rid of the super heavy pipe. I am going to do cams on it a few months after I get it I think. They are pretty cheap and an easy install. Maybe a BB kit this time next year. Cams+BB kit+39mm FCR and that MRD exh get you 50+whp, which on a bike like this will be insanely quick. You can get to 60whp for like $2800 bucks if you really want to push it. I doubt you would have any problem out running anything less than a liter bike up to around 60ish at that point.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote