Scooby Newbie

Member#: 219225
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoporta View Post
rims don't play a big role in that, tire, brakes, suspension those are your key components in slowing down the vehicle. rim X or rim y will not aid much in that regard.

when choosing a rim you should also be careful buying cheap rims, a cheap rim might be say 100 a rim, example sports edition rims while an enkei might be 20 bucks more, the enkei is made to higher standard so spend the extra 20. Much like with tires you have to research rim quality, some can be too soft and get bent quite easily when you hit a pothole. As for more expensive rims thats a personally choice, I stick to a maximum of 150 per rim. As you are in nyc like myself most ppl drop 2k or more on their rims just to be ballers, vossens, asante, etc. they look nice but can easily be taken out on an nyc pothole. I generally pick rims that I know can take the hit, this will be my second set of enkei rims and also my second set of oz manufactured rims (sparcos). I had the msw rims before hand also from oz so I know what the quality of the rim is already.

Now in terms of brake setups: I like hawks and ebc, I used both on my last car, I prefer regular blanks for my rotors don't care much for drilled or slotted rotors. I use motul 5.1 as my brake fluid of choice already have a case waiting for when I bleed the brakes. The ecsta offer very good grip and performed well on my last setup. before the 4x I had the asx which were their predecessors. I already looked into brakes for our cars and they are very budget friendly hawk pads are about the same price but cost of a rotor and a pretty decent brake pad is very low in comparison to my previous honda civic and accord. Either way you should do your research and pick what works best for you.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/index.jsp
tirerack doesn't show prices....and where can I find $120 enkei rims?

All the search results I got were $750+ just for rims.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subaru604 is offline   Reply With Quote