ezod52
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171980
Vehicle:
2009 WRX 5Dr
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM09WRX View Post
I recently upgraded from my 02 SRP wrx sedan to an 09 and i must say i love it. I loved my 02 and miss it sometimes but the 09 just has so much more power and everything is tighter and newer. My 09 feels like it handles much better because it has lowering springs. Less body roll that my 02. Over all im happy with the upgrade
Wow - i completely forgot i wrote this review way back in '09

Glad you're loving the new car. Believe me, without suspension mods to the 09, your 02 would definitely feel stiffer. Stock 09 suspension was much less aggressive than my 04. I haven't done anything to it because it's more comfortable for my daily driving habits but if i raced or xcrossed, i would have to mod for sure. The power is pretty sweet I still have a blast merging onto the highway or passing someone doing 40 on the highway. After a few years in my 04 my first gear synchros were starting to go. I'm glad to report no sign of that in the 09.

The only thing that drives me crazy to this day is the auto climate control. Works great in the summer at keeping the cabin cool, but in the winter it's a nightmare. I either get HOT or COLD, that's it

Funny that this thread got bumped because this summer my loan will be paid off. Been a while since i had no car payment. Question is - what do i do now?

I still like the car a lot, but my patience is growing thin for driving stick in bumper-to-bumper for an hour+ every night on the way home from work.

Ideally i get a BRZ for fun and an A4 for winter driving and when i'm feeling lazy

Or, keep the paid off WRX and start modding it as a fun car and lease a lux car with automatic for about the same price as the WRX payment.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ezod52 is offline   Reply With Quote