Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
z0rz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 231953
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default Weird Boost Spike

The other day I was driving a drunk friend home and had to pull over to the side of the road for.. emergency evacuation.. so my car spent a good amount of time idling that night.

So I finally get the guy home and I'm pulling onto the freeway and my boost gauge spiked up to ~29 PSI and the needle was jumping around a bit as I drove at a constant speed. When I pulled over I didn't see any smoke. The car seemed to drive fine after that but I avoided boost just to be safe.

Fast forward to today, I decide to datalog with my AP and strangely everything seemed completely normal-- boost gauge seemed accurate (wasn't bouncing around), and the car had no problem pulling on some ~50% throttle runs.

Unforunately, I didn't think about updating my AP firmware so it is using some older parameters. Hopefully there's enough to see if anything is wrong. On datalog9 I tried to go WOT but had to let off really fast because I saw a black Ford front end poking around a corner haha.

datalog8

datalog9

datalog10

Car is running Stage 1 Cobb OTS map, all stock aside from K&N filter, Perrin silicone intercooler Y-pipe, and Greddy Evo2 catback.

Does anything look wrong?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
z0rz is offline   Reply With Quote