Scooby Newbie

Member#: 249130
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Ver5 STi RA
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfelstead View Post

Rod bearing is 52mm (4B8296H), main bearing is rear thrust position (5M8309H)

What sort of power are you looking for?

Loved my STi5 RA Ltd, it had some nice factory features most dont, like the 13:1 quickrack and Helical front LSD. Dampers were nicely setup for the road but on track would fade after 10 miles of hard use. I didnt like the gearing between 4th and 5th, they were fitted with the later RA 1st-4th then the STi 5th, which just didnt work, so i put an RA 5th in there.

Currently run a Widetrack Blobeye JDM STi with aprox 500BHP/540Lbft, this is a lot quicker, my first RA was 300/300, 2nd RA 370/350.
Right on bro. Thanx for the info. I'm looking to be around the 400bhp mark. And after weighing all my options, I think I actually am going with the Coated Wiseco's and/or Eagles or Manley Rods. I really want the JUN cam set, but head work is Guna have to wait for now.

I'm on a $3k-$4k build budget from scratch, so after the Apexi FC, boost control, turbo timer,Piston,Rods,Bearings.. that's about $2500 right there, my buddy is Fabbing me a down pipe, which he is hooking it up for $400 which is cheap as hell for his work. He makes fresh ass custom Fabricated parts. So after that, I think I'm ordering a Killer B oil pan baffle/pick up kit for $250 and a 06 STi 11mm oil pump & pan, the rest of my budget is getting blown on Suspension & other little parts that I don't have left from previous projects.
My biggest problem at the moment is finding a shell car. Ive looked high & low for a 93-95, but Nada damn thing. Actually found one about 100 miles away, but he wants $1500 for a 93 with blown tranny. I told him he can keep the rs wheels and anything else, and ill give him $500 lol. I found a 95 in pick n pull, but the guy said they can't sell the VIN# or some weird crap, I didn't want to argue with him so...But other than that, it is scarce around these parts.

So that's what's in the making right now. I know ill end up over budget, but can't be too much, cuz ya can't spend what ya don't have! Haha.. it would be nice to upgrade the turbo, but I'm sure the vf29 can handle this build for now. I'll end up getting another HKS gt35, but further down the road.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WelDun1 is online now   Reply With Quote