Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207133
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Nugget View Post
Ok, so I pulled out the BCS, put it on a dc power supply, pulsed it a bunch of times and it seems to be working normally. I blew in one side and pulsed it and air came out the other without restriction. I cleaned it anyway with some iso and stuck it back in. This car is 100% stock yet, so maybe next weekend i'll put in the up/downpipes and while I'm at it I'll inspect the wastegate area for cracks and make sure it is shut all the way. I'll report back. Sorry to thread jack but it doesnt seem right to make a new one for the same problem.
sometimes even when cleaned the solenoid is just worn out.

How are you tuning for stg2? Opensource or AP? If you are looking for a relatively cheap upgrade to a 3 port here is what I ordered:
3 port MAC valve 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA 32$ shipped from amazon:
Amazon.com: Mac 3 port solenoid boost controller air valve locker pwm: Everything ElseAmazon.com: Mac 3 port solenoid boost controller air valve locker pwm: Everything Else
this is a good quality solenoid that they use in the AEM kits. Just need to get a few fittings from the local hardware store. They should be less than 5$. Obviously a tune is required. It will hold boost above stock pressure unlike the 2 port stock BCS. There is a review on it in the reviews forum.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheHighestCrew is offline   Reply With Quote