Turd Nugget
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346017
Vehicle:
2013 STi Wagon
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighestCrew View Post
sometimes even when cleaned the solenoid is just worn out.

How are you tuning for stg2? Opensource or AP? If you are looking for a relatively cheap upgrade to a 3 port here is what I ordered:
3 port MAC valve 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA 32$ shipped from amazon:
Amazon.com: Mac 3 port solenoid boost controller air valve locker pwm: Everything Else
this is a good quality solenoid that they use in the AEM kits. Just need to get a few fittings from the local hardware store. They should be less than 5$. Obviously a tune is required. It will hold boost above stock pressure unlike the 2 port stock BCS. There is a review on it in the reviews forum.
I'm not going to do anything to the tune, there is no reason when just doing an exhaust. I have tuned dozens of cars myself and have all my own equipment for doing that, so if I ever do decide to change to a bigger turbo i'd just opensource it. If I do get rid of the BCS I will tear it out completely and use a MBC or EBC. This car is just an econobox winter beater for me, I never intended on modding it at all, but it feels like a complete pooch so I feel I should at least get it into tip top shape for what it is. Thanks for the help though. If getting rid of the cats doesnt solve my problem I'll post back.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Turd Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote