SubieSnacks02
*** Banned ***

Member#: 323545
Vehicle:
Old Racekorrrrr!
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedds22 View Post
Im running a GT3076r, FMIC, built Hyrbid swap at 480Hp, and 420tq. Whenever i do race, i smell clutch all over the damn place, but i ride the damn thing like theres no tomorrow. SO, thats working (ONLY FOR NOW) but ive had this set-up since May of last year, and no broken tranmission. In addition, I dont drive like an idiot neither. Most aggressive is Auto-X
Wow really? That's interesting.. My friend has a 2011 Wrx hatch (stock) and Is on his 4th transmission. Yes he thinks he's a racecar driver. Just treat it right and it will treat you right back. I'm scared **** to blow up my transmission because stronger gears are expensive.

But as long as u take car of it, no hard launches, and slamming gears and ull be fine I think.. I use to do that too but after practice launching so many times, I broke an axle (obviously), and Everytime I slam a gear my transmission has a weird weak feeling in it, which is why I don't do it, but after the car cools down it feels fine again.

Question though, I have a kartboy short shifter on my 02 Wrx installed by previous owner. Yes shorter shifts I know, but will it make the transmission feel any different? Just wondering
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubieSnacks02 is offline   Reply With Quote