NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
So stoked to see more activity on this thread. This is one of two I'm subscribed to and my face lit up when I saw you posted. Very interested to see what's to come! Great work!
Thank you and I share your enthusiasm for what's to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
LOL, I should have known better than to question your decisions and thought process! I know you're not one to rush into anything without thorough testing! How many miles have you put on this low mount kit now?

We just made a simple 3" intake tube from Vibrant parts, no MAF, velocity stack and big filter! I installed it before my touch up tuning with Junior yesterday. So now I have no restrictions from filter all that way out the dual exhaust!
A buddy of mine said I need to change the Killer B mantra to "Obsessively Engineered Subaru Performance Products" IIRC, last I looked we had over 12K miles on it, so it's likely in the 14K range now with a couple of events too.

So what were the final results? Any leaps in power or just cleaning things up a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgenius View Post
So would this modification work for all the garret 4" inlet turbos? I am ordering the gtx3076 with the 4" ported cover and im interested if this would help out.

If i understand correctly, is the nasty lip machined off to smooth aiflow in the 4" ported shroud?

OR

Is there a piece added to bell it out?
Yes.

Here is a pic of an intouched 4" GT3076

And here's the GTX3071 housing modifications.

CNC milled compressor housing with tapped holes (not thru)

Here's the adapter I designed with feedback from garrett. CNC turned from solid billet aluminum.

And the final product assembled.

I'm going to be making another one of these inlet adapters in the next few weeks so if you, or anyone else, is insterested let me know and I can get pricing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.