NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
OK, you're spooling way faster but to be fair you have a external gate and a 3071 non stock location and he has a stock location internal gated 3076!

I can't wait to see what the 3576 does!!
True, but during spool-up woudn't either WG be closed to promote maximum boost promotion

I can't wait either!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imma_stocker View Post
Only 2 questions here...
When are these going public?
When are you gonna develop a compound turbo setup?
More testing after the next built motor and bigger turbo goes in.

We looked into a compound setup. It can be done, but the price is astonomical. The bang for the buck just isn't anywhere near a justifiable point. With the little 3071 we have better spool-up characteristics than the VF, which is pretty freaking instant. If you want the BIG turbo AND instantanious power it would be much less costly to go nitros or ALS. Niether I would recommend on the street, but we do work with a hand full of race teams that use ALS, but they are also performing regular engine rebuilds too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
I meant to plumb it in just for your testing. This would be interesting to see in your open scroll version, but the data would be less meaningful without comparison data on a traditionally mounted setup.

I was sad to see that the 63 fell off so much on your low mount kit, and that contradicts this assumption.
Who's saying we're not collecting that data I won't make it public for the same reason I won't make our header flow data public. Of course those "race" headers with 2" primaries and 2.5 secondaries flow better than ours. Doesn't mean it's a better performing product, but to many, percieve it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
Wow that cast piece sounds cool!!!! It's really a shame that garret doesn't make more hotside options. I know that they showed prototypes at Sema a few years ago. I helped a friend with an sr20det t3 twinscroll kit. We had all kinds of issues trying to get the bolts into the hot side and the supplied bolts actually penetrated the turbine housing. Once we finally got it all together, my friend wanted to pull the bolts out to cut them down. I wanted to murder him ahhaha
I can't wait to post some pics, but until I get a piece in my hands I'm very hesitant to. On the Garret hotside thing... I'm sworn to secrecy, but stay tuned
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote