Scooby Newbie

Member#: 138860
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI
32J

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefivetee View Post
I've done those tests and where you test for the gases and they always came back negative. Confuseddddd

My expansion tank never had anything crazy that couldn't be explained ad just simple thermal expansion of the coolant. Never to the brim or even close to that.

I also thought when you had a blown hg you coolant system doesn't vacuum the coolant back in after cool down? Which mine does
I must have done about 20 block tests on my STI and all were negative. I've not done a leak down test however but I am planning on doing that as well.

Far as coolant, mine was a crap shoot. One min high and the next it was not high. Bubbles were the seal of the deal for me.... I can burp the system until im blue but the min I go for a nice drive I'll see the bubbles.... no bueno..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma1232 View Post
It depends on the severity of the leak. For me, it started out only pushing gasses in under high boost and high engine loads. Day to day driving around town I never had issues. My coolant system would vacuum the coolant back in if I let it sit overnight after a problem occurred. As it went along it started happening more frequently and finally had a compression test, wherein I found out about the ring seals (60 PSI in #4 = no bueno). Get a compression test. If you do have HG issues solve them ASAP before you cause any further damage, new motors are not cheap.
I agree 100%. The issue starts out being very random but it gets worse as it goes and becomes more frequent.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KOSTI_510 is offline   Reply With Quote