Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
kantthinkofasn77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 220808
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Silver

So if I were you, I would tell them exactly this... "You guys admitted to me at my last visit that the factory overfilled my A/C system by 5 pounds and I ran the vehicle like this for a year. It is obvious that I am experiencing the long term effect of running an over-pressurized system. Either you have over-burdened my compressor and possibly the clutch is slipping, or my flow control device/thermal expansion valve is faulty due to handling high pressure, or even both components have been damaged." This thermal expansion valve on most vehicles will cycle the a/c compressor clutch to control temperature. If the expansion valve was cycling the compressor off and on too much then this would burn the clutch out. That's the best I can do for now. I have a good book thats like an encyclopedia for automotive technology from a class a took alil while back and I am sourcing my info from that. Dont let them push you around. And do not settle for less than what your expectations are. Just cause they are a big business doesnt make you any smaller. You're the boss haha
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kantthinkofasn77 is offline   Reply With Quote