Scooby Guru

Member#: 32669
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by my99210kw View Post
Only referance to 20 degrees is left or right. My issue is nose up or down for which there is no spec just says should be flat which is not an option in my case. Garrett give a spec on this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n0b35w6ckax3z7/m3.jpg

Refer WRC turbo location and angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsurgeon View Post
15 degrees is max angle
Re-reading the EFR Tech brief they say mount the turbo as level as possible longitudinally and avoid to much nose up or nose down attitude. It sounds like they only tested it in the horizontal position so I guess its up to you to push it on the angle and report back when oil starts getting past the seals.

"The bearing housing oil drain should be pointed straight downward where possible, and at most 20 degrees tilted right or left. When routing the oil drain line, try to keep it running downhill all the time and avoid horizontal spots or sharp bends. The oil should drain to the block or pan in a low pressure region above the level of the oil bath. It is not recommended to install the turbo considerably nose-up or nose-down. It was validation tested to be installed “flat” with respect to the ground." ==> from EFR tech brief

You're aware that the WRC turbo in question that mounts almost vertically cost about as much as a new Subaru if not more. I wouldn't expect to find many other turbos that would like that position.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote