Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301213
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 Imp. Sp. Ltd.
Blue/Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
What about current vehicles with similar ratings? Not trying to add fuel to the fire just asking though.

Simply put most of the equally rated FWD counterparts are pulling averages of around 29-31. Those barely scraping 25 are wondering why this car can't achieve these numbers with the same type of driving even with all factors considered.
This is precisely the logical failure. Take all of those cars with equivalent numbers and run them through the EPA test and they'll probably come out about the same. I'm sure you'd see a greater disparity if the EPA tests were closer to "normal" driving styles. The details on the EPA tests are just silly.
Look at the "Detailed Comparison" tab on this page:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml
What has been established here ad nauseum is that the Impreza differs greatly from other cars OUTSIDE of that test.

It is what it is and there's nothing to be done about it except get a different car if it means that much to the owner. I'd probably be really upset too if I were the leadfoot impatient type. But I'm not. I love my Imp even if it isn't quite as fuel efficient as I'd like it to be.

If the haters eventually sue and win, I'll take the annual $100 debit cards that the Feddle Gubmint would force Subaru to send. Not that I think the haters have a leg to stand on or the fortitude to even start a lawsuit...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hemophilic is offline   Reply With Quote