Scooby Guru

Member#: 110783
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapBox View Post
That's not correct. I thought the latest revision, from some point earlier last year, really solved it. Failures on the newest pump revision are very rare, and have been for over a year now, almost 2 IIRC. Least that's the latest on the bimmer forums.

But anyway, what happens after that? In the rare instance a new-spec pump goes...you replace it. Just as you do on any other car. I'd rather do that once or twice during ownership than say oh, rod bearings from a Subaru engine.
I heard that too, but there are also N55 pumps going out so it seems like a crapshoot still. I would love to pick up a facelifted N55 135i (MY12) when the prices come down a bit, but their pumps seem just as faulty as the N54 units. Then people talking about injectors failing and it all just doesn't seem worth it, but maybe it's blown out of proportion? No idea. And yeah, Subaru is known for the rod bearing problem, but I'm still not convinced it's not an owner-related problem. The factory tune sucks, but there are a lot of cars out their with lean factory tunes for emissions so who knows.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote