Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326202
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
Care to tell us how you installed the footwell lights? I'd really like to have them in mine, but from what I've read its somewhat of the pain in the ass, as it isn't a plug n play kit
I got red LED strips at AutoZone and wired them to the illumination lead that runs to the factory head unit. This lead is controlled by the factory dash dimmer that is to the left of the steering wheel. So my foot well lights are on when my driving lights or headlights are on and they dim with the dash lights. I found the 12 LED strips to be way too bright for night driving. I black taped out over half of the LEDs and was happy. I like to dim my dash / footwell lights a bit for dark night driving so this works perfect for me.

The toughest part was figuring out how to get the center console out for the first time. Once you see how to disconnect the mechanically controlled vent selector and hot/cold selector knobs (a control wire from the dials terminates in a loop. Just pop the loop off the white plastic piece they push/pull on)... All in all ... a 1 hour project with the right tools and mechanical / electrical inclination.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nagevmai is offline   Reply With Quote