Member#: 26859
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
Yeah, the blisters on my feet gave me the most horrendous calluses

Look I am only questioning the statement that PDK is more involving. If he said faster, more track oriented, more focused, then I would have to keep my mouth shut, but he dared mention involving. Without knowing what his definition involving is, I have to substitute my own. And an automatic transmission is by its very definition LESS involving.
Even if it is an automated manual. Take away driver interaction and it is less involving.
Well, on the other side of the coin (in fairness) read half the responses in this thread from people who don't like the idea of a flappy paddle box, starting with post #3. I get, and I think most people get your position, there are days I don't want to give up my manual.

But posts like that? Saying that a flappy paddle box is par for the course as a status symbol? No sir. Less engaging, I'll grant you that (and agree all day, just as vacuum assisted brakes, power steering, drive by wire, fuel injection, and hydraulic clutches are less engaging), but a flappy paddle box offers proven gains and is a better performance option than a traditional manual. If you follow the method of argument that posts like #3 posit, then F1, Rally, hell, every racing series pretty much except NASCAR is not about performance, but about status.

So post #3 (and not to single that one out, it's just the first example of many) is what most should be arguing with, if at all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote